Giampiero Cantoni has had a long career as an entrepreneur and manager in diverse companies and organizations:
Since 1964: Founder and owner of a company in the capital goods sector.
Chairman of Cantoni Group and Elektropol Cantoni.
1982/89: Chairman of the Italian Banking Institute (IBI) – Gruppo Cariplo, Milan.
1983/89: Executive Vice Chairman of Mediocredito Centrale, Rome.
1989/1994: Chairman of:
- Banca Nazionale del Lavoro SpA, Rome;
- BNL Credito Fondiario SpA, Rome;
- BNL Credito Industriale SpA, Rome;
- BNL Credito Cinematografico – Teatrale SpA, Rome;
- BNL Holding Italia SpA, Milan;
- BNL International Investments, Luxembourg;
- Interbancaria Investimenti, SIM SpA, Milan;
- Efibanca SpA, Rome;
- Ifitalia- International Factors Italia SpA, Milan.
1990/1994: Vice Chairman of FIP – Finanziaria Italiana di Partecipazioni SpA, Rome.
1990/91: Vice Chairman of the Italian Banking Association, Rome.
1985/1994: Board Director and Member of the Executive Committee of the Italian Banking Association.
1990/1992: Chairman of ABECOR – Associated Banks of Europe Corporation, Brussels.
1986/1993: Chairman of “La Permanente” Society for Fine Arts and Permanent Exhibitions in Milan.
1986/90: Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Milan Research Consortium (IRI Group).
1996/2005: Founder and Chairman of S. Pio V University (Libera Università) in Rome.
2010(currently): Vice Chairman of the Alcide De Gasperi Foundation.
2010(currently): Chairman of the Liberamente Foundation.
2009 (currently): Chairman of the Fiera Milano Foundation.